Overview and Basic Navigation
Skycatch Data Hub is an application for viewing and analysis of 3D data collected by drones and other sensing equipment.
View imagery, perform measurements and analytics such as Point Picking, Line Measurements, Volume Measurements, Cut and Fill Analyses, and more.
The basic application layout is simple, with three main areas for viewing and interacting with your data:
- Left panel: contains controls for changing site, changing the dataset within the site, changing the visibility of the imagery layers in the dataset, and viewing and creating analytics. More items will be added in future versions
- Bottom drawer: when working on an analytic, a sliding drawer is displayed at the bottom of the screen to display the non-map information, such as volume calculation results. Here is an example of the bottom drawer in use with a Point Picking analytic.
- 3D map panel: all imagery and graphics are displayed here.
The following sections of this user guide explain how to use the features of Data Hub.
- Click the additional options menu at the top right of the left panel to expose more options
- Click the dropdown at the top left of the menu. It will display all the organizations you belong to. Select one to switch to it.
- The sites list will now update to only show sites that belong to that organization.
Use the 3D Map Panel
- Map Controls
- To reset the view to center on the site, with an overhead perspective: double-click the center button of the map control at the top right of the 3D map panel (single-tap on touchscreen).
- Click and drag the center button to control tilt
- Click and drag the outer ring to rotate the view
- Click the + and - buttons to zoom in and out
- Use the mouse or trackpad to pan, tilt, rotate, and zoom in the 3D map panel:
- Pan view: Left click + drag
- Zoom view: Right click + drag, or mouse wheel scroll
- Rotate/Tilt view: Middle click + drag, or CTRL + Left/Right click + drag, or Shift + Left click + drag
- Base Map
- To change the type of base map which is displayed surrounding the dataset: click the 3 dots button at the top right of the 3D map panel and select Base Map. The app will display four options: Satellite, Road, Topography, and None.
- Choose one and select Submit. The base map tiles will update to the selection.
- Adjust the render quality lower if you are on a less powerful PC. It won’t noticeably decrease the image quality, and it will help with keep things faster and more stable in your browser. Adjust higher for more powerful PCs.
- Click the More button to the right of the Site name
- In the list modal, click the name of the site you wish to load
- The list modal will close and the app will display the chosen site
- You can now view and analyze the imagery for that site. The most recent dataset for that site will automatically load.
Click the Site card to expand it. Click View to open Site Settings.
- Time Zone
- Set the time zone for the job site via the dropdown. Start typing to filter the available options.
- Click Done to save, or click Cancel to discard your changes.
- Site Coordinate System
- Default coordinate system for sites is UTM.
- It can be changed to one of the following: UTM (default), WGS84, Geodetic (EPSG+Geoid), Custom
- Choose Geodetic to enable the EPSG and Geoid fields. Both fields are filtered by the sites location, so that options that do not cover the site are not displayed.
- Choose Custom to add a custom localization file in .tp3 or .gc3 format.
- Click Done to save this configuration for the site.
- Once saved, all measurements (analytics) and units of measure update to conform to the type of coordinates and units of measure defined by that coordinate system.
Change Datasets (Dates)
- The Dataset card in the left panel shows the date of the currently displayed dataset.
- Click the card to expand it to see more datasets, listed from newest (top) to oldest (bottom). They are grouped by month. If there is more than one dataset in a single day, the timestamp is displayed.
- Click a new date to load it. The Imagery card, Analytics card, and 3D map panel will all update according to that dataset.
- Click the More button at the top right of the Dataset card to expose the list modal with more options
- In the list modal, click the dataset you would like to load
- The list modal will close and the app will display the chosen dataset
- You can now view and analyze the imagery for that dataset