Basic Volume Analytic
1. Click the blue plus button in the map panel and select Add Basic Volume
2. Type a name for your Analytic so you can find it in the list easily later:
3. The app will display an Instruction banner at the top of the 3D map panel. Follow the instructions by clicking the map to draw the polygon.
4. After you have clicked for three points, the polygon will be closed.
5. After that, click and drag to move the position of points within the line. To add points, drag the smaller dots in the middle of each polygon side. To delete points, click them once then click the Delete button that is displayed at the point.
6. After drawing the polygon, you can manually adjust the coordinates of the points by selecting the three dots menu of the point you wish to update and choosing Set Coordinates. Additionally, you can click the row in the drawer and look for the red point in the 3D map panel.
7. In the bottom drawer select an option for the base plane. There are three options:
a. Interpolated: choose this to have Skycatch software automatically create a best fit plane based on the boundary of the polygon
b. Reference Level: choose this to specify a flat plane at a specific elevation
c. Custom: choose this to set the elevation of each point of the polygon and create a customized base plane
8. When done, click Done to save your progress and calculate the volume measurements for the polygon. These values will be displayed in the bottom drawer.
9. To enter a density and get mass values, click the Edit button at the top right of the bottom drawer to enter edit mode. Click Add Density, enter the value, then click Done. The calculated mass value will be displayed for each volume value.
10. To edit the points of the polygon (move, delete, or add more points) or edit the base plane type or level, enter edit mode and make the changes. When the polygon or the base plane is changed, the volumes will be recalculated.
11. To change the elevation value associated to each color of the heatmap (known as “thresholds”), enter edit mode and click the value you wish to change, then click Done. The heatmap will update.
12. To perform additional actions, click the three dots button to the right of the Edit button:
a. Rename or delete the analytic
b. Download the calculation results in a CSV file
c. Export PDF report