Turnaround times for map processing can vary depending on the size of the site and number of photos that have been submitted. In general, however processing times are as follows:
|# of photos||Turnaround times in hours (estimated)|
|Less than 300 photos||1 to 3 hours|
|400 photos||up to 4 hours|
|500 photos||up to 5 hours|
|600 photos||up to 6 hours|
|700 photos||up to 8 hours|
|800 to 1500 photos||up to 24 hours|
|Over 1500 photos||up to 48 hours|
Processing times are not linear; a few factors can influence the amount of time it takes to process your datasets:
- Number of images: It usually takes longer to process datasets with more images. A 2000 photo dataset may take 10x longer to process than a 200 photo dataset, but a 4000 photo dataset may take 30x longer to process instead of 20x.
- Size of site: Processing turnaround times are also affected by the size of the site. For example, a 1000 photo dataset that covers an area of 300 acres will take longer than a 1000 photo dataset that only covers 100 acres.
- Photo resolution: Photos with lower resolution will usually take longer to process.
- Field of view: The more you increase your field of view, the fewer images will be taken. Generally, a larger field of view results in fewer photos being taken, which can decrease processing time.
- Altitude: Flying at a lower altitude usually generates more images than flying at a higher altitude. Remember that the more photos in a dataset, the longer the processing time.
- Processing settings: Choosing to process your data at the highest quality and highest point cloud density will increase processing time.
You'll receive an email notification once your dataset has been processed and uploaded to your Skycatch account with links to your map in your viewer and downloadable files in box.com. If you have uploaded a photoset and it is taking much longer than the above given times to process, please email us at [email protected] with the name of the site and date of your upload.