Map Processing Turnaround Times
Standard Photogrammetry Upload
Turnaround times for map processing can vary depending on several factors. Processing times are not linear; the following factors can impact the amount of time it takes to process your datasets:
- Number of images: Processing datasets with more images usually takes longer. A 2000-photo dataset may take 10x longer to process than a 200-photo dataset, but a 4000-photo dataset may take 30x longer to process instead of 20x.
- Size of site area: Processing turnaround times are also affected by the size of the site. For example, a 1000-photo dataset that covers an area of 300 acres will take longer than a 1000-photo dataset that only covers 100 acres.
- Photo resolution: Photos with higher resolution will usually take longer to process.
- Field of view: The more you increase your field of view, the fewer images will be taken. Generally, a larger field of view results in fewer photos being taken, which can decrease processing time.
- Altitude: Flying at a lower altitude usually generates more images than flying at a higher altitude. Remember that the more photos in a dataset, the longer the processing time.
- Oblique imagery: Including oblique imagery in your upload may increase the processing time, especially if the photos include many horizon viewpoints.
DataHub supports the upload of Lidar datasets. The processing times may vary from a few minutes to several hours. The duration is impacted by critical factors such as the number of submitted photos, the surveyed area's extent, and the density of data captured during the mission.
DataHub further post-process and reprojects the point cloud outputs of the LiDAR data into UTM and site CRS for diverse use cases and visualization. This additional post-processing also influences the overall processing time
DataHub sends email notifications once outputs are delivered to your account. You will receive an email once the point cloud has been delivered, and another email once all other outputs are accessible.
If you have uploaded a dataset and it is taking an unusually long time to process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the site and the date of your upload.