There are some occasions where Skycatch may need the DJI logs from your Explore1 unit to troubleshoot or investigate any unexplained behavior in your drone. If you need to export your DJI logs, there are currently two methods available for retrieving the logs.
Export DJI logs using DJI Go
- Connect and power on your drone, RC, and mobile device.
- Open DJI Go
- Go to Camera mode and tap the camera, it should say “connected” in the top left-hand corner of your screen
- Tap the three dots on the top right side
- Tap the drone icon, scroll down, and hit advanced settings
- Scroll down and “Enter flight data mode”
- Hit “Ok”
- Go back to your Windows machine and connect the drone using a USB to a mini cable. The port on the drone is located above the large LED light.
- The Explore1 should show as external storage mounted into the computer
- Retrieve DJI flight logs .dat files. The timestamps may be incorrect, so you may want to pull a bunch of files from around that day
- Copy to local disc and upload to box (or any other preferred cloud sharing method)
Export DJI logs using DJI Assistant
- Connect your Explore1 to the computer using the micro USB port on the M100 and power on the drone
- Open DJI Assistant 2 (Download from DJI here)
- Select the “DJI M100”
- Select “Flight Data” from the menu on the left
- Select “Enter SD Card Mode”
- Once in SD Card Mode, the computer will recognize it as an SD card and you can open the flight logs in the main folder
- Copy the relevant . DAT files onto your computer and sends them to Skycatch for reviewal