You can upload your images along with your RTK log, RINEX file, base station antenna location, and a localization file for processing via the Skycatch Uploader that's accessible through your Skycatch account. This how-to guide will walk you through the four steps of uploading your data:
Log into your Skycatch account at app.skycatch.com and click on "Submit New Map" in the upper right hand corner. This will open up the Uploader in a new tab in your browser.
1. Drag your images directly into the grey box. You can use individual images or a folder of images. You can also click on "browse" to select the photos through the system dialog window.
The images will go through a validation check once they've been added.
Note: Currently only geotagged images in JPG format are supported.
2. When validation is complete, your images will be shown in a preview layout where you can see each of your photo positions placed in a satellite map for reference.If you would like to remove all of your images, you can click on the "Remove Images" button.
3. Each green dot represents a photo taken. You can preview individual photo details by clicking on the green dot of interest which will display the photo, file name, and photo GPS coordinates. If you decide you'd rather remove this photo, you can click on Delete in the lower right hand corner.
4. Any unsupported files that fail validation will show up underneath the gray box with an error message. These files will need to be removed before you can proceed. You can remove the unsupported file by clicking on the "Remove Bad Image" button.
5. You can also preview a list of your image files by clicking on "View Image List." This will display the number of photos added, number of acres covered, and the list of all images that have been added.
Remove single images by clicking on the trash bin icon located to the right of each image name or click the "Remove Images button" in the upper right hand corner to remove all images.
5. If all images have been validated and you have no more changes to make, click on "NEXT" to continue to step 2 - selecting the site where you would like your processed map to be uploaded to
Select Map Date and Site
Select the date, time, and site you would like to upload the data to once it has completed processing. You can select an existing site to upload your data to or create a new site. To create a new site, click on the "Or create a new site" link and enter in the name of the site you would like to upload to.
Specify a Projection and GEOID for Your Data Outputs (OPTIONAL)
All data outputs generated are in WGS84 by default, however, you can specify a desired state plane that you would like to have your data outputs in.
1. If you would like to specify a state plane projection or GEOID for your data outputs, click on "Specify a Projection."
Please note: This option is only available when creating a new site as it can only be set once when a site is being created.
2. Enter a valid state plane into the text field. If a state plane that is not in the EPSG.io database has been entered, the text box will be outlined in red. A valid state plane will result in a green text box outline and the name of the state plane appears beneath the text box. You can also select a GEOID from the drop down menu.
Add a Localization File (OPTIONAL)
1. Reproject your data by adding a localization file, in .tp3, .gc3, or .dc format and click "Apply" to save the localization file to the site.
2. Once the localization file has been saved to the site, it can be selected for future uploads by clicking on the drop down.
3. You can also edit the name of the localization file or delete the localization file by clicking on the "EDIT" button. After the name has been updated, click on the "SAVE" button to save any changes. Click the trash bin icon to remove the localization file.
*If you do not see a space to add EVO3x files in your uploader, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add EVO3x RTK Files (GNSS Logs)
Drag and drop or browse for your EVO3x RTK files (also known as GNSS logs) to upload for processing along with your images. More details on where you can get your EVO3x RTK files can be found here.
Add RINEX Logs (Local Observations) and Base Station Location
1. Drag and drop or browse for your RINEX logs (local base observations) in the box appropriate section. More details on RINEX logs are available here.
Note: If you captured your observations using network RTK with the Skycatch NTRIP logger, you do not need to add RINEX logs or a base station location as this will have been captured and will be associated with your dataset upon upload.
2. If you upload your RINEX logs for processing, you must also enter in the base station phase center location. The base station phase center location can be entered in a Site Coordinate System or as a GPS position.
The details of your upload order are displayed on this page, any changes can be made by clicking on the appropriate step in the top bar. If all the details look correct, click "Next" to submit your processing order.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not close your browser at this time! The browser must remain open in order for the files to properly upload.
Once the upload is complete, the following message will appear. The window may now be closed.
You will receive an email notification once your map has finished processing and is available for viewing and your data products are available for download.