Account administrators have the access and ability to approve the addition of users to sites, set site permissions, update units of measurement displayed on each site, and add more user seats.
If you are the creator of your account organization, you have automatically been designated the administrator on your account. Accounts can have more than one administrator - if you would like another user to be added as an administrator to your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To approve access:
If a non-admin user invites another user to a site through the Invite a Teammate option, the account admin must approve this request before the user can access the site.
Once an invitation has been created, an email will be sent to the administrator(s) requesting they log into the account and approve access.
- Open the Settings section in your account by clicking on the user icon
icon in the upper right corner of the screen. Then, choose Settings.
- On the left, beneath Organization Settings, click Users.
- Any pending requests will be shown at the top of the users list with two choices: Deny and Approve.Once the request has been approved, the newly added user will receive an email notifying them of their addition to the site. If they are a new user, they will be asked to login and set a password.
For instructions on how to invite users, please see our how-to guide for "Adding a User or Teammate to Your Account or Map."
Admin users are also able to access and update settings for each site, including:
- renaming and deleting sites
- changing the units of measurement displayed
- updating permissions for non-admin users:
- ability to invite teammates
- ability to use the public sharing feature
To update the settings on a site, click on Sites in the Organization Settings menu on the left and select the name of the site you wish to edit. In this example, "Construction example 1" will be the name of the site selected.
- Renaming a site - Click the Edit button and then update the text of the site name in the box. Click Save Changes to save any updates.
- Deleting a site - Click on the red Delete text underneath the name of the site at the top of the screen.
- Units of measurement - Toggle the menu between Imperial and Metric. Detailed instructions can be found here.
- Allow users to invite teammates - Toggle the switch to the desired permissions.
- ON - Non-admin users will be able to access the "Invite a Teammate" button to request access for other users. Invited users will still need to be approved by an admin.
- OFF - Access to the "Invite a Teammate" button is removed from this site for all non-admin users.
- Allow users to publicly share data captures - Toggle the switch to the desired permissions.
- ON - Non-admin users will be able to use the "Share" button to generate public sharing URLs and embed code.
- OFF - Non-admin users will not be able to access the "Share" button.
- View which users have access to the site
If you see a user that does not have site access and would like them to have access, go back to the Users sections in Organization Settings and click Add New User. Add their Name, email address, and use the Sites drop down to add the sites you would like them to access.
The number of user seats allowed on your account will vary depending on the plan level you have subscribed to. You can verify the number of seats allowed by visiting the "Users" section of your Organization Settings.
If you've maxed out on number of seats available on your account, you can easily add more seats to your account in a few easy steps:
- Click Users in the Organization Settings section of your account.
- Click on the link to add seats.
- Type in the number of seats you would like added and click Confirm.
Currently the ability to delete or remove users from accounts is not yet available.
If you are interested in removing users from your account, please let us know at email@example.com. We hope to have this feature out soon however, so stay tuned!