Having accurate volume measurements for stockpiles is crucial on any aggregate, mining, or construction site.
With the volume measurement tool, also known as the volumetric tool, you can quickly and easily get accurate volume measurements within hours of flying your site using the on-demand volumetric measurement tool in your Skycatch viewer!
This tool has been rigorously tested internally and on real projects submitted by drone service providers, aggregates teams, professional surveyors, and large enterprises.
How to use the On-Demand Volumetric tool:
- Log in to your Skycatch account and select a map containing 3D data. You can verify this by opening the calendar and looking for the 3D symbol:
- Once you've selected your map, click the New button in the upper left corner.
Select Measurements in the dropdown menu. Your cursor will become a crosshair symbol.
- Draw the polygon around the area you wish to measure on your 2D map. You can rename the measurement and select the displayed color of the volume measurement.
Note: we recommend outlining the polygon beyond the outside edge of the toe of the stockpile, to include the entire surface of the stockpile.
To adjust and edit the shape, click and drag the white "nodes" on the edge of the shape.
- Once you have finished drawing the polygon, press Submit at the bottom of the left side panel.
- A notification will appear in the panel indicating that the request has been received and is processing.
- Once the measurements have been calculated, you'll see a notification at the top of your screen and the measurement details will be displayed.
You’ll see the height, cut, fill, and total volume in a pop-up on the polygon.
- Create and save as many measurements as you'd like. To rename the measurement, click the Edit button to the right of the measurement title.
- Once you've updated the name, click Save + Close to save any changes.
- To delete a measurement, select the measurement and click the trash can icon to the right of the Edit button.
Confirm your choice by clicking Delete on the pop-up or click Cancel to return to the previous screen.