Plan overlays are incredibly useful because they allow you to compare exact progress to plan, and to validate that the build matches the design.
You can use overlays with many different types of projects: construction, civil engineering, mining, land development, surveying, agriculture, and energy/utilities.
With the Overlay feature in the web viewer, you can now upload and place overlays at your convenience!
Watch the video or follow the steps outlined below to get started.
1. Log into your Skycatch account and click on the NEW button in the upper left of your screen, and select Overlay.
2. A new window will open in your browser, where you will see an option to select the file you would like to overlay and a drop down to choose the site you'd like to place the overlay.
Please note: If the Overlay tool does not open, you may have security settings enabled preventing the window from opening.
3. Click on "Choose File" to select the plan you would like to Overlay. The file name of the chosen plan will appear on the browser window.
*File formats currently supported are PNG, PDF, JPG, and BMP.
4. Next click on the "Select your site" drop down to choose the site you would like to place the overlay on.
5. Once you've uploaded a file and selected your site, you'll then be able to name your overlay and choose the category you'd like to place it in. If you'd like to create a new category to add your overlay, click on the "ADD NEW CATEGORY" link underneath the category drop down.
6. Click "Next" to upload your overlay. Once the file has uploaded, the overlay tool will display your overlay on the left and the site on the right of your web viewer.
A Settings panel is located in the upper right hand corner of your screen. Here you can switch the map date of the site loaded and adjust the opacity of the map and overlay.
*You can minimize the Settings panel by clicking on the "X" in the upper right hand corner of the panel. If you'd like to maximize the Settings panel, click on the gear icon.
8. Start aligning your overlay by pinning the "A" and "B" markers to your chosen reference points on your overlay in the left hand screen. Next, move the "A" and "B" markers to the corresponding reference points on your map in the right hand side of the screen.
9. Once you've achieved your desired alignment, click the "Submit" button. You'll see a confirmation window that your overlay placement was received and an email notification will be sent to your email address once it has been completed and is available for viewing in Skycatch!
Currently overlays can't be deleted by users. If you have an overlay that you would like removed from your account, please email us the name of the map and the overlay you would like to have deleted at email@example.com.