Drones typically use advanced lithium co-polymer (LiPo) batteries that have very high energy density. They are safe when managed correctly so care should be taken when handling, charging, or discharging these batteries.
General battery safety guidelines are as follows:
- Use a DJI designated battery charger to charge any DJI battery
- Understand how to operate the battery charger before using
- Never leave batteries charging while unattended
- Protect batteries from impact and puncture
- Do not use batteries if they appear puffy or swollen
- Maintain battery temperature between 10°C - 35°C
*Please note that while Skycatch provides the above advice, individuals are responsible for keeping up to date on safe practices for handling lithium batteries.