LAST UPDATED: 2.26.16
- the types of information that we collect from you;
- how we collect and store your information;
- how we use and share your information;
- when we share your information;
- how you can access and update your information;
- the choices you can make about how we collect, use and share your information;
- how we protect your information;
- the presence of third party links on our software application platforms and websites;
- our policy concerning minors;
- how you may contact us.
- INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT FROM YOU. When you use the Sites, Skycatch may collect the following types of commercial and personal information about you:
- Subscription Information. Some parts of the Sites require you to create an account. To create an account, you will be required to provide certain information, including your first and last names, the name of your business or organization, your e-mail address, a password, and other information that is relevant to your activities on the Sites.
Some of the information provided in your account profile may be available to the public and other users of the Sites; such information will be limited to the information that is considered “public” in nature or necessary to identify you. Search engines may index this publicly available information. During the account registration process, we may offer functionality that allows you to opt-out of the public availability and indexing of your account profile information.
- Payment Information. If you make or receive any payments through the Sites, we will collect and share with our third party payment processor the billing and financial information necessary to process your sent and received payments, which may include your credit card or bank account details and your postal and e-mail addresses. Skycatch may store your information for payment clearing and transaction fee distribution purposes, and our third party payment processor may store your information for use in future payments made or received through the Sites. We will not share your billing and financial information with any other third party for any reason.
- Forums, Blogs, Chat. Subject to our Terms of Service, we may permit users of the Sites to share content and opinions on discussion forums, blogs, chat rooms and other social media venues hosted by us. Any information that you share in these venues can be read and used by other users for their own benefit or to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for any information that you share in these venues, and any opinions that you or other users express in these venues are your or their own and not attributable to us. Please exercise caution when sharing your information and opinions in these venues.
- Customer Support Correspondence. When you ask for assistance from our Customer Support team, we will collect and store the contact information you provide (generally your name and e-mail address), information about your project or activity on the Sites and your account profile information. We will also store any written or oral correspondence, including any information that it contains and any data attached to it, and any notes that we derive from it.
- SMS and Push Notifications. When you sign up to have SMS notifications from the Sites sent directly to your mobile phone, we will receive and store the information you provide in order to enable these notifications, including your telephone number. You can adjust the types of notifications you receive and when you receive them by editing your SMS notification settings.
With your consent, we may send push notifications to your mobile device to provide updates and other relevant messages regarding the Sites. You can manage these notifications from the “options” or “settings” page of your account profile. You may also be able to manage these notifications from your device’s settings.
- Technical and Usage Information. When you access the Sites, we will collect certain technical information about your mobile device or computer system, including your MAC Address, IP Address and mobile device ID, and usage statistics about your activities on the Sites. This information is typically collected through the use of server log files or web log files (“Log Files”), which are files on our web servers that record actions taken on our software application platforms and websites, mobile device software development kits and tracking technologies like flash and browser cookies, which are used to collect and analyze certain types of technical information. Some of the cookies that the Sites place on your computer are linked to your account profile number. For more information on how we utilize cookies and other tracking technologies, please see Section 2.3 below entitled “Cookies and Automated Information Collection”.
- Mobile Device Information. If you access the Sites from your mobile telephone or other mobile device, including iPads and tablets, we collect mobile device identifiers, including the MAC Address, IP Address and mobile device ID. We may create and assign to your device an identifier that is similar to an account number. We may collect the name you have associated with your device, device type, telephone number, country, and any other information you choose to provide, such as user name or e-mail address. We may also collect geo-location information each time you access the Sites from a mobile device unless you have disabled the geo-location feature in the device settings.
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION. When you use the Sites, Skycatch may collect commercial and personal information about you in any one or more of the following ways:
- Account Profiles. When you subscribe to, access and use the Sites, we will collect and store information about you that you provide in your account profile. Please see Section 1 above for more details about this information.
- Communications with Other Users. When you access and use the Sites, we may collect and store information about your communications and interactions with other users of the Sites. The bulk of this information is collected and stored through the use of Log Files.
- Cookies and Automated Information Collection. We and service providers acting on our behalf may use Log Files and tracking technologies to collect and analyze certain types of technical information, including but not limited to flash and browser cookies, MAC or IP addresses, device type, device identifiers, browser types or language, referring and exit pages, URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of activity on our websites, and other similar information. When you access the Sites, we may collect this technical information in order to (i) analyze the usage of our software application platforms and websites; (ii) identify modifications or updates to our software application platforms and websites that could enable a more personalized experience; and (iii) manage advertising. In some cases, we will associate this technical information with your account profile number for our internal use.
We may also employ other technologies including (i) web beacons, which allow us to know if a certain page was visited or whether an e-mail was opened, and also allow us to deliver cookies and understand usage of the Sites; (ii) tracking pixels, which allow us to advertise more efficiently by excluding our current users from certain promotional messages, identifying the source of a new installation or delivering ads to you on other websites; and (iii) local shared objects also known as flash cookies, which help us to prevent fraud, remember your preferences on the Sites and reduce load times.
You can set your web browser to warn you about attempts to place cookies on your computer or limit the type of cookies you allow. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies and cookie management tools available in a web browser may not remove flash cookies. If you disable flash or browser cookies, you may lose some of the features and functionality of the Sites.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION. Skycatch collects, stores, uses, analyzes, reformats, displays and shares your commercial and personal information in order to offer you the various features and functionalities of the Sites. For example, we may use your information to perform actions such as the following:
- create account profiles;
- enable user-to-user communications and contracting;
- provide technical support and respond to user inquiries;
- analyze and reformat aerial photos;
- produce and display aerial maps;
- analyze platform performance;
- perform platform maintenance or upgrades;
- deliver and target advertising;
- notify users of updates;
- inform users about new products or promotional offers; and
- enable clearance of payments made and received through the Sites.
- WHEN WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION. Skycatch may share your commercial and personal information with third parties in the following instances:
- Other Users. Other users may see your account profile and search engines may index that information unless you have opted out to prevent the sharing and indexing of this information.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may provide your information to third party companies to perform services on our behalf, including payment processing, data analyses, e-mail or postal mail deliveries, hosting services, customer service, and marketing and advertising services.
- Third Party Advertisers. We may share your account profiles, including your email address, with third party advertisers for their direct marketing purposes. We may also collect and share (i) aggregated information, i.e., collective but not specifically identifiable information about you and other users; (ii) anonymous information; and (iii) certain technical information about you (as described in Section 1.6 above), with third party advertisers to develop and deliver targeted advertising in the Sites and on the websites of such third parties. We may also allow third party advertisers to collect such information within the Sites, and they may in turn share such information with us.
Outside of the regular operations of the Sites, and through your general use of the internet and mobile devices, advertisers may collect certain technical information from and about you through the use of tracking technologies like flash or browser cookies and web beacons. Such information may be used for purposes of behavioral advertising (i.e., targeted ad-selections and delivery that personalizes your advertisement experience) and web analytics (i.e., analyses of your web traffic and other internet activities to improve your advertisement experience).
- Sale or Merger. If we undergo a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, we may transfer all of your information in, and the content of all of your communications and activities made on or through, the Sites to the successor organization in such transition. If material changes to our privacy practices will occur as a result of such business transition, we will notify you and other users of the business transition prior to transferring your information.
- HOW TO ACCESS AND UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION. If you no longer want Skycatch to make active use of your commercial and personal information, you may (i) cancel your subscription to the Sites online and/or (ii) send us an e-mail to email@example.com to request that we cancel your subscription and delete your account profile. Please place “Delete My Account” in the subject line of your email and include your first name and last names, e-mail address and account profile number. We will respond to your request subscription cancellation and/or account profile deletion request within 30 days. Please note that all raw and processed data and certain records, for example those pertaining to payments made or received through the Sites and customer service matters, will be retained by us for intellectual property, other legal and accounting purposes. If you have shared content in the Sites, we may not be able to delete that shared content.
- YOUR SHARING AND MESSAGING OPTIONS.
- Opting out of Promotional Communications. You may choose to opt out of receiving promotional e-mails from Skycatch by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any such e-mail, or visiting the e-mail preference page in your account profile. Please note that once we receive your request to unsubscribe to our promotional e-mails, it may take an additional period of time for your opt-out selection to become effective.
- Opting Out of Other Communications. You may opt out of receiving SMS messages by texting STOP to the number we send from for that particular SMS program. When we receive an opt-out message from you for SMS messages, we may send a message confirming our receipt of your opt-out selection. When you install our software applications on your computer or mobile devices you can choose to receive push notifications. You can turn off such notifications by visiting the “options” or “settings” pages in your account profile or your device’s settings regarding the Sites.
Please note that if you opt-out of our promotional or other communication, Skycatch may still e-mail or communicate with you from time to time if we need to provide you with information relevant to, or if we need to request information from you with respect to, your activities on or payments made or received through the Sites or for other legitimate non-marketing reasons.
- SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION. Skycatch is committed to protecting the privacy of your commercial and personal information, and we have implemented commercially reasonable security measures like the ones described below to provide you with privacy protection. However, no website, internet or mobile transmission is completely secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or processing, hacking, data loss or destruction, or other breaches of the Sites will never occur, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information while it is being transmitted to our software application platforms and websites. As such, any access and use of the Sites and any transmission of your information or data to our software application platforms and websites are at your own risk. We urge you to take steps to keep your information safe (including your account password) and to log out of your account profile after each access and use of the Sites.
- Account Profiles. For account profiles created in the Sites, your account profile information is protected by the password that you use to access your account. It is important that you protect and maintain the security of your account profile and that you immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account. If you forget your password, the login page allows you to request that instructions be sent to you that explain how to reset your password.
- Financial Information. When you sign into your account profile or enter payment information (such as a credit card or bank account number), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology.
- OUR POLICY CONCERNING MINORS. The Sites are not intended for subscription to, or access and use by, persons under the age of 18, and Skycatch does not knowingly collect any commercial or personal information from such persons. Persons under the age of 18 should not use the Sites. If we learn that we have inadvertently gathered any information from persons under the age of 18, we will take reasonable measures to promptly erase such information and delete any related account profiles from our records.