This article details Key points when using EdgePlus.
Formatting Hard drive in exFAT (MacOS and Windows)
- Plug your hard drive into the computer's USB port.
- Open File Explorer and right-click on the drive.
- Choose Format.
- In the File System dropdown, choose exFAT.
- Click Start and close this window when the process has finished.
Hard Drive Structure
The folder/file structure is important for datasets. The following folder/file structure must be followed:
- Phantom 4 RTK
- Files such as *EVENTLOG.bin, *Timestamp.MRK, *PPKRAW.bin, *RINEX.obs must be included
- The base log can be placed anywhere on the hard drive
- The EdgePlus outputs will depend on the processing settings.
- Processing Quality -affects how much the images will be downsampled before processing starts. Processing time will depend on the processing quality chosen. Lower quality means faster processing.
- Processing Density -affects the density of the outputs. The processing density has a greater effect on processing time than the chosen processing quality. Generally, lower density equates to faster processing.
- EdgePlus needs enough storage space to process data. Never let the storage space fall below 50 gigabytes.
- When using a localization file. The Latitudes and Longitudes should be in decimal degrees (ex. Lat: 12.345, Long: -67.8910). Kindly make sure that your coordinates should have a " - " sign indicating southern latitudes. Please follow the format below:
- Remember to always add the header (name, lat(dd), lon(dd), alt, n, e, z) as the first row of your localization file
- It is required to have at least 4 points for redundancy
- Save your file in comma-separated value (.csv) format and name it "localization.csv"
- Do not forget to eject the SD card before removing it from the EdgePlus to avoid file corruption