High Precision Package users can now import KML files from Google Earth (file type must be .kml) into the Flight1 flight app (versions 1.7.5 and above). The option will allow the user to put a KML file on a thumb-drive, connect the thumb-drive to the tablet using the telemetry radio cable adapter, and import that file via the mission board in the app. The file will be editable after import.
Instructions for Importing Your KML File
Step 1- Add a Polygon in Google Earth
- Click the "Add Polygon" button. Currently, the only KML file that is readable by the EVO3x flight app is a KML file generated by a polygon.
- A dialog box will ask you to name your polygon. If you wish to change the style and color, you can do so here. **Do not click "OK" yet
Step 2 - Export File from Google Earth
- Right click on the polygon illustration on the map or polygon file in the Places Panel and select "Save Place As" option
- In the dialog box that opens, select the folder to where you want to save your file on your computer.
- From the "Save As Type" dropdown, select the ".kml" file format.
- Copy file onto a thumb-drive
Step 3 - Import File into Flight1 flight app
- Connect tablet to thumb-drive
- Tap import file and select the desired file
- A polygon with a mission will be populated
- Edit mission settings as you wish